About This Blog

Don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm not on board with the whole ebook thing. I enjoy books in all their formats. But there is nothing quite like a bookstore with its neatly arranged shelves of books and artfully created displays of new arrivals, best sellers, and suggested reading. I especially enjoy discovering small, independent bookstores and have made it my mission to visit and report back on as many of these gems as I can. That is my focus, but there is really nothing that is off limits as long as it is about books or reading. Hope you enjoy my blog and come back often.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Feed Your Body. Feed Your Mind.

Update: Almost exactly a year ago when I was a newbie in the world of blogging, I visited an impressive shop in Sand Lake, Michigan. (See Deception.) A year later, while I am no longer a newbie, I am still learning and growing as a blogger, and Bay Leaf Books is still an impressive and innovative store. Hats off to Bay Leaf Books. I just learned from the store Facebook page that their innovation extends to farm fresh brown eggs and organically grown vegetables. Who knew that purple jalapeƱo peppers even existed? Bay Leaf is truly a unique store. Check them out on their Facebook page at:
http://www.facebook.com/bayleafusedbooks


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you hear that Bay Leaf Books is moving to Newaygo in July? -Matt

M Redd said...

I hadn't heard that. Thanks for the tip. I went to the Bay Leaf FB page and checked it out. Looking forward to the new store. I'll have to do a post about it once it's open.