About This Blog

Don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm not on board with the whole ebook thing. I enjoy books in all their formats. But there is nothing quite like a bookstore with its neatly arranged shelves of books and artfully created displays of new arrivals, best sellers, and suggested reading. I especially enjoy discovering small, independent bookstores and have made it my mission to visit and report back on as many of these gems as I can. That is my focus, but there is really nothing that is off limits as long as it is about books or reading. Hope you enjoy my blog and come back often.

Monday, June 17, 2013

More Book Art

Check out this article in the New York Times called Discarded Books, Recovered Nostalgia. If you're part of my generation, it may provide you with a nostalgic moment as it did me. If you're part of the younger set, just enjoy these beautiful photos of old, discarded school library books. If you happen to be a librarian, well, enough said.

More of photographer Kerry Mansfield's work appears here: Kerry Mansfield. Her book photos are part of the portfolio titled, expired.

As part of a self-indulgent moment of nostalgia, I thought I would throw in a few pictures (decidedly not artistic, but special to me) of the high school library where I spent 10 amazing years as a librarian. Oh, the memories!








"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."     -Cicero

No comments: