About This Blog

Don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm not on board with the whole ebook thing. I enjoy books in all their formats. But there is nothing quite like a bookstore with its neatly arranged shelves of books and artfully created displays of new arrivals, best sellers, and suggested reading. I especially enjoy discovering small, independent bookstores and have made it my mission to visit and report back on as many of these gems as I can. That is my focus, but there is really nothing that is off limits as long as it is about books or reading. Hope you enjoy my blog and come back often.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Books to Movies

This year promises to be a good one for seeing good books brought to life on the big screen. Fresh off last year's release of one of my favorites, The Book Thief, I am looking forward to what 2014 has in store. One title that's getting a lot of buzz is Wild by Cheryl Strayed. I'm a fan of Reese Witherspoon, and with her as the main character, I have high hopes for the movie.

Here are a few more book titles to watch for in theaters this year:

Serena by Ron Rash stars Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper.
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn stars Rosamund Pike and Ben Affleck. Reese Witherspoon is a producer on this one.
The Giver by Lois Lowry stars Jeff Bridges and Meryl Streep. This is on my must-read list, so I guess I'd better get going on it.
Unbroken by Laura Hillanbrand has been on my want-to-read list for some time now. I really enjoyed her book, Seabiscuit, and I was pleased with the movie adaptation. This one is directed by Angelina Jolie.

By far my most eagerly anticipated title to be released in movie form this year is John Green's The Fault In Our Stars. One of my favorite authors, Green has been very involved in the cinematic adaptation, so this should be wonderful. See trailer below, but remember,
READ THE BOOK FIRST. The book is always better than the movie.


No comments: