About This Blog

Don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm not on board with the whole ebook thing. I enjoy books in all their formats. But there is nothing quite like a bookstore with its neatly arranged shelves of books and artfully created displays of new arrivals, best sellers, and suggested reading. I especially enjoy discovering small, independent bookstores and have made it my mission to visit and report back on as many of these gems as I can. That is my focus, but there is really nothing that is off limits as long as it is about books or reading. Hope you enjoy my blog and come back often.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Okay? Okay.

You now have less than two weeks to read John Green's The Fault In Our Stars before the movie comes out. I know. I know. I have already posted more than once about this book and its talented author. But believe me when I tell you that this is a thing. A movement. A phenomenon. You should not miss this. But you don't have to just take my word for it. Last week the Wall Street Journal devoted two full pages to John Green. Two full pages! There's even a TFIOS (pronounced tif-ee-ohs) t-shirt for crying out loud.

Don't be put off by the fact that it is designated as a young adult read. I'm an old adult, and I absolutely loved it.

Allow me to share the articles from the WSJ.

The Green Revolution

Upending the Summer Blockbuster Model

John Green Glossary

The last one will explain TFIOS as well as the t-shirt.

So go read the book, and then go see the movie when it comes out on June 6.
Okay? Okay.

1 comment:

M Redd said...

Just had to mention that in its opening weekend, TFIOS beat out the latest Tom Cruise action movie in ticket sales. Told you this was a thing.