About This Blog

Don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm not on board with the whole ebook thing. I enjoy books in all their formats. But there is nothing quite like a bookstore with its neatly arranged shelves of books and artfully created displays of new arrivals, best sellers, and suggested reading. I especially enjoy discovering small, independent bookstores and have made it my mission to visit and report back on as many of these gems as I can. That is my focus, but there is really nothing that is off limits as long as it is about books or reading. Hope you enjoy my blog and come back often.

Monday, January 19, 2015

Adding Another One To The List

Strand Books
828 Broadway
New York, NY 10003
212-473-1452

Okay, here's an article that's just too good not to share. A story that combines romance, books, and of course, a bookstore? What bibliomaniac wouldn't appreciate that? 

The scene: Strand Books in New York city. The story: a marriage proposal. Read the full article for all the whys and hows as well as photos: Bookstore Proposal.


The story inspired me to do a brief investigation, and I didn't need to learn much about it to know that I have to add the Strand to my bookstore bucket list. It sounds wonderful. In business since 1927, the store boasts "18 miles of books." Both new and used books are sold, and there's even a rare books room. Each week there is a story time for children, and plenty of author events for adults. A special service, "Books by the foot," helps patrons build a personal library collection to suit specific needs and tastes. Sounds like my kind of place. I may have to plan a trip to New York just to visit Strand Books.  A bookstore lover can dream, can't she?

No comments: