About This Blog

Don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm not on board with the whole ebook thing. I enjoy books in all their formats. But there is nothing quite like a bookstore with its neatly arranged shelves of books and artfully created displays of new arrivals, best sellers, and suggested reading. I especially enjoy discovering small, independent bookstores and have made it my mission to visit and report back on as many of these gems as I can. That is my focus, but there is really nothing that is off limits as long as it is about books or reading. Hope you enjoy my blog and come back often.

Friday, April 3, 2015

Double Winner

Spring is in the air! Last week the temperature reached 60 degrees, the robins are back, and the gold finches are turning gold again. The illness that was my companion for nearly half the winter has disappeared along with the dirty snow piles. And with the arrival of spring, my thoughts turn to the family cottage, my favorite base of operations for scouting bookstores.


This year it seems that a store from one of my past adventures is in the running for Publishers Weekly bookstore of the year. (Thanks for the heads up, Paula.) McLean & Eakin, a wonderful store in Petoskey, is among the top five candidates in the country with the winner to be announced later this month. Top Five! Wow! Read about this charming store as well as the other four candidates in this Washington Post article.

Congratulations to McLean & Eakin, a deserving bookstore indeed. I called it a "Winner" in my original post a couple of years ago. I'm happy to see that Publishers Weekly agrees. In case you missed it, here's my original post: McLean & Eakin.

No comments: